On Timing

Sometimes it's not about working hard, or giving it everything you've got,
Sometimes it's not about chasing your dreams 
or being better, or trying harder, or fighting harder.
Sometimes it's about timing. 
and sometimes, timing can be a dick. 
You can work hard enough, 
try, 
push, 
focus, 
believe, 
you can do everything right.
and you get screwed by that wily bitch right at the finish line.
And it sucks.
But that's okay, 
Recognise that it sucks - Cry, Scream, Yell, Throw all the things. 
then let it go.
Because sometimes it's not about working hard,
sometimes it's about things happening, when they're supposed to happen. 


6 comments:

  1. This is true. A good reminder. Human will has no power to make things happen; only the power to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this post is so on point with my life right now. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love this line: "Because sometimes it's not about working hard, sometimes it's about things happening, when they're supposed to happen." Just last night I was saying to myself, "But I work so hard, I try so hard, and STILL nothing is working out the way I hoped it would." Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have perfect timing. I just wrote a letter about timing and saw this today. The universe is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rin! I just love this post. It hits me hard and that is actually a good thing. It makes my head more clear, thank you. It sounds maybe a bit weird to say but it is true. And my English is not good enough to explain myself more clear, but i want to say you that it hits me. So i have. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I really love your blog and Instagram account so I nominated you for a little blogging award :-). It's my most recent post if you want to have a look. No pressure to reply, just keep doing what you do so well and I'll be happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.s. Beautiful words, I really love this post! x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou For Spreading the Love! Keep Writing.
Peace & Love xo

paperedthoughts All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger